We offer a low-cost self-service podcasting option for visitors and Members of The Royal Scots Club, located within the Lyell co-working room.
Podcasting equipment* includes:
You can rent the podcasting space Monday – Friday from 17:30 – 22:00 and Saturdays – Sundays from 7:00 – 22:00.
- 2X SM48 Cardioid Microphones (and XLR cables)
- 1X Senheisser 206 Over-ear Headphones
- 2X Pop filters and articulated mic arms
- 1X Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface (USB-A to USB-B cable)
- 1X Wall-mounted Smart TV for logo display
- 1X Extended Socket and USB charging block
- Antibacterial wipes
Please bring your own laptop/audio storage device with USB-A port/adapter. Room-only rental rates are also available for anyone who may already have their own equipment. *Please check in and out with reception to retrieve the equipment key.
Before your session, and using the audio interface, you will need to download a driver:
Steps to a successful recording session:
- Once the Steinberg UR22 driver is installed on your laptop, plug the audio interface in via the USB cable
- Attach the XLR cable to the microphone and the Line 1 “IN” port on the audio interface
- If using both microphones, attach the second to the Line 2 “IN” port on the audio interface
- Check the ‘input’ on your recording software (Audacity, Garageband, Audition, etc) is set to UR22
- Check the ‘output’ on your recording software is set to ‘Headphones’ or ‘System Settings’ and that your headphones are plugged into your laptop
- Alternatively, if you would like to listen live to your recording you can change ‘output’ to UR22 and plug headphones into the audio interface’s headphone jack
- A red and white light will illuminate when the audio interface is plugged in
- Press ‘record’ on your recording software and test the input volume via the dial on the audio interface
- Proceed with recording your audio
- Disconnect all equipment and return it to the cabinet and lock it for the next session; return the key to reception
Room + Equipment
|Room + Equipment|
To enquire about and book a podcasting time slot please email Leanne or Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, preferred date and time, and duration.
A confirmation email will be sent once payment has been received. Terms and conditions apply.
- Please arrive on time for your reservation to get the most out of your time slot. No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of scheduled booking.
- Once you’re done recording, return any equipment you rented to its original location and return the equipment key to reception for the next booking. We ask that you respect your neighbour and leave the room in the same condition as you found it.
- Let us know how your experience was and how we can continue to improve our services and facilities!
Disclaimer: By booking a podcasting session, you agree to the responsibility for covering any damages or theft of equipment that may occur during your allocated time slot. The Royal Scots Club does not endorse any content recorded within its premises unless otherwise stated.